Monday, November 19, 2007

I broke VeganMoFo

I didn't just skip a day, I skipped a whole week. Terrible.

So starting today, for one week, I'm going to double-post to make up for it.

Why did I abandon VeganMoFo for a whole week? Two things:

I've been spending time gathering signatures (and as of this week, coordinating volunteers for my part of town) for Californians for Humane Farms. We are trying to get a factory farm reform bill on next year's ballot that would effectively ban gestation crates, veal crates, and battery cages. It's a huge deal and will be a huge victory when Californian voters make the right choice in November. However, first we need to get on the ballot and that means collecting 650,000 signatures by February. So if you're a registered CA voter, not only should you find a petition to sign, you should be collecting signatures from your family, friends, co-workers, strangers, whoever!

Also, my dog Bootsy has cancer. A mass cell tumor to be exact. Due to the holiday this week, he will be in surgery next week to remove the tumor and then we will know how far it has spread and what the future looks like for him. It's incredibly sad because this boy has been through so much but we are optimistic. We're still jogging and socializing (he ate with me outside Pure Luck this week and he didn't bark at anyone or freak out...he even made new friends!) and training. He continues to amaze us with his progress.

No comments: